Star with these 1cm Copperplate guidelines to improve your calligraphy. These are the lines I start with when teaching Copperplate calligraphy. You can use these guidelines to practice Copperplate calligraphy drills and letters. For learning and practice, writing bigger is better. The hand, eye, and mind need more time on the page in order to coordinate.
Copperplate Guideline Features:
- Printable on 8.5″x11″ paper
- 55-degree forward slant
- Spaced 1 cm apart
- Thin light lines let you see your letters accurately
Tips for Using Your Guidelines:
- Print on HP Premium Choice LaserJet paper for writing with a nib and ink
- Paperclip marker paper over the guidelines so you don’t have to print as many guidesheets
- Begin your practice with a pencil first and use it until you have the shapes down and have developed a lighter pen hold (Check out my video, “How to Hold a Calligraphy Pen“)
While you can print as many copies of these Copperplate guidelines as you like, by downloading and printing them, you agree to only use them for your personal practice. You also agree not reproduce them for sale or for teaching your own classes.
Sorry, no returns on our digital downloads.