Get acquainted the Pointed Pen Calligraphy in this 3-part online class. We’ll be working with Copperplate Script to learn the fundamentals of calligraphy and working with a pointed dip pen. You’ll finish class with a good understanding of the script and how to practice and improve your work.
- October 23rd, 2021
- October 30th, 2021
- November 6th, 2021
9am to 11am MST
*All workshops are available on a sliding scale. Payment plans, Pay it Forward, and Pay What You Can are also available. Just select your preferred option at checkout.
Meet for Class
We’re offering the class in sessions over Zoom. There will be three 2-hour live sessions and the recordings will be available for two weeks after class. You’ll receive an e-mail from us with an invitation to the meeting and a reminder of what day and time the class is. During the Zoom meeting, you’ll have a great view of my paper. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and see plenty of demonstrations. Class size is limited to 10 students for quality of the workshop.
In this Online Calligraphy Class:
- How to support your regular calligraphy practice
- How to use calligraphy guidelines
- Basic strokes, letter and word spacing
- How to write with a pointed calligraphy nib
- How to practice
Check out our page, Learning Calligraphy for Beginners, for articles and videos about getting started with calligraphy at your own pace.
Included in the PDF Handout:
- Notes on workspace and posture
- How to practice to improve your strokes
- An exemplar showing minuscules and majuscules, numbers, and punctuation
- Guidesheets for practicing your calligraphy
- A wooden pencil
- Layout bond paper
- A few sheets of plain copy paper
- A few small paperclips
- A straight penstaff
- 2 Hunt 122 pointed calligraphy nibs
- Walnut ink
- A small jar of water (for cleaning the nib)
- Paper towels
- An eyedropper or small paintbrush
- Lined paper and a separate pen for taking notes