Explore the basics in our new 3-part online class, Broad Edge Calligraphy for Beginners. You’ll learn the fundamentals of calligraphy through the lens of Foundational Hand. Edward Johnston created this script based on the Roman Minuscules alphabet. This is a great hand for learning to study other calligraphic hands later on.
9am to 11am MST
Registration for this class is currently closed until Spring 2022. Click the button below to be notified by email when we open enrollment!
*All workshops are available on a sliding scale. Payment plans, Pay it Forward, and Pay What You Can are also available. Just select your preferred option at checkout.
How We’ll Meet
We’re offering the class in sessions over Zoom. There will be three 2-hour live sessions and the recordings will be available for two weeks after class. You’ll receive an e-mail from us with an invitation to the meeting and a reminder of what day and time the class is. During the Zoom meeting, you will be able to see both my face and have a great view of my paper. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and see plenty of demonstrations. Class size is limited to 10 students for quality of the workshop.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to support your regular calligraphy practice
- How to use calligraphy guidelines
- Broad-edge calligraphy pen hold
- Basic strokes, letter and word spacing, and letter connections
- Ways to vary the script for your creative needs
- Exemplar and practice pages in PDF form
- 3 Live 2-hour sessions with a short break and individual guidance available
- Limited-time access to recorded class